Thursday, January 27, 2005

Thursday, January 27, 2005

The world is appearing more and more insane to me each day. You should pick up a copy of the latest Newsweek.... if you can handle it. Did you ever see that movie Devil's Advocate? There’s a powerful lawyer who is Satan and the people who work for him are his minions. One woman is able to see the truth. When she sees them as they really are, they turn into horrific-looking demons with horns and fangs.

Open up Newsweek and you'll see a picture of Bush and his wife dancing over a huge symbol of the White House. There are his two daughters, looking like young strapping fascists. And a picture of a crowd of people all dressed in black and white at his inauguration. It looks like a scene from Nazi Germany. Turn the page and you'll see the beautiful Iraqi children, their faces covered with blood and terror, crying because their parents have just been shot and killed by American marines. What is the point of all this genocide and destruction?

Day in and day out I walk to a job where I kill trees and poison the Earth. A job that is completely and utterly meaningless to me and offers absolutely nothing useful to the world. But I do it because I have yet to find some other way survive.

Whether I like it or not, I live in fear and play my dutiful role in Ahriman's plan. But I ask myself, what choices do I have? Adding myself to the ranks of the homeless and unemployed people drifting the streets of Denver won't help me or anyone else. I have to find a viable solution.

1 Comments:

Blogger DavidM said...

The despair in this entry haunts me. I know what it's like to be trapped in a situation where you feel like you can never escape. Rest assured that there are places of escape and that all it takes to get there is courage. Watch the movie "Logan's Run". You will find Sanctuary.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home